If you are wondering why you are lazy, and having trouble with motivation and focus, then you have come to the right place. In the next 500 words I’m going to teach you exactly what is causing your motivation problem, and the most effective strategies you can use to deal with it. If you find this information useful, then please consider using the share buttons at the bottom to spread the message to your friends and family. You should also take a look at my Kindle eBook, Ticking Away: How To Overcome Laziness & Stop Procrastinating, which is a comprehensive guide to beat laziness and procrastination forever. You can buy your own copy for Kindle here.
The dictionary definition of laziness refers to ‘indolence’; the disinclination to do work that leads to inactivity. However, we all know that laziness in the modern sense also encompasses:
- Feelings of low motivation
- Lack of focus and mental clarity making work and action-taking harder
- Anything that makes “getting stuff done” hard
Traditional remedies for laziness have basically consisted of the already-motivated telling you to “get off your bum” and start working. However, these things are easier said than done, and beating laziness is not as simple as others may claim.
Why You’re Lazy:
Laziness, lack of focus/concentration, and procrastination are the result of two main issues, in my experience:
- Incorrect strategies for dealing with work (basically you don’t know how to deal with your work, study, or daily tasks in an effective manner)
- Insufficient vitamins and minerals that are essential for cognitive function, as a result of the Western diet and poor lifestyle choices
The good news is that both of these laziness-causing factors are 100% fixable, and you can do it in days.
Here’s what you need to do to overcome laziness, beat procrastination forever, and become more motivated and driven in 4 simple steps:
- Attack all tasks (work, study etc) in small and manageable chunks. Start by breaking it down into 30 minute slots, and increase your time from there. Once you find it easy to get up and get working for 30 minutes, try for 45, and then 1 hour, until you reach a full day.
- Visualize your goals to ensure success; the world’s most successful people all visualize and believe in what they are doing (think the Law of Attraction). You might also find that subliminal affirmations for laziness and motivation help you with goal visualization and taking-action
- Remove “laziness catalysts” from your life, such as TV or video games if they are preventing you from achieving. Trade your TV and Xbox in for some extra cash, and then tuck it away in a high interest savings account. You won’t regret such decisions, trust me.
- Address the biological imbalances in your brain that are causing motivation, focus, and mental clarity issues. Ditch junk food, start exercising, and lower your alcohol consumption. The biggest benefit, however, comes from correct vitamin and mineral supplementation. I’ve found that the best results (and I mean literally supercharging your brain for razor-sharp focus and V8 engine mental drive) come from using a product called Excelerol. In a very rapid period of time you will notice better memory, increased alertness, and most importantly the vanishing of the “symptoms” of laziness. Excelerol uses a scientifically blended formulation of vitamins, minerals, and extracts to restore correct cognitive balance to your brain. Cool huh? Check out the overwhelmingly positive customer reviews of Excelerol on Amazon here (and buy your own supply).
- This is a bonus tip – make sure you take action every day, no matter how small. This will help you feel good about yourself and eventually lead to beating laziness!
Thanks so much for your time, and please do scroll down, click around, and read some more of the useful laziness-busting, motivation-driving, focus-finding articles on Why Am I Lazy. Remember to share anything you find useful on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus as well (just click below).
Oh and don’t forget, you can purchase my Kindle-exclusive guide to beating laziness forever here for just $3.99